With such a variable climate, the exterior of homes in Jacksonville Beach can really take a beating. But, if you’re tempted to just use a power washer to obliterate grime from your home, think again. At First Coast Home Pros, we recommend that you turn to our expert technicians.
Professional Pressure Washing
The first piece of advice is to have a professional pressure wash your home. Not only is it a time-consuming and really messy process, but an untold amount of damage can also be done with a pressure washer in the hands of an amateur. Instead, call First Coast Home Pros today at (904) 383-7721 or fill out the form on the website and we’ll take care of it for you.
DIY Pressure Washing Can Harm You and Your Home
Pressure washers are not household hoses — the high-powered jet of water can easily injure someone if sprayed at their body or face. Most homeowners don’t give much thought to pressure washer safety, but not only can they cause gashes and lacerations, but deep bruises and long-lasting soft tissue damage.
Additionally, hauling pressure washing equipment up a ladder or standing on your roof is a very common reason for falls that can cause serious injury or even death.
- DIY pressure washing is a great way to find hidden cracks and leaks throughout your home. You can use a high-powered pressure washer on your home’s exterior then go indoors to find wet carpets, drippy windows, and damp walls. In these cases, the water pressure was likely too high and water-soaked your home.
- DIY pressure washing is an effective way to damage your siding. The battering can vary depending on the type of siding you have, but high-pressure water can dent, tear, gash, gouge, and even knock siding slats or shingles loose. Water can also get under your siding and cause mold or future damage.
- Washing your windows with too much water pressure can cause them to shatter and already-fragile window screens can be destroyed as well.
- Pressure wash the house yourself and some, if not all, of the paint could chip or peel off. This is especially an issue if your house has lead paint, which can require professional clean-up and remediation.
- DIY pressure washing is also a fabulous way to “clean” yourself to a new roof. Loosening and stripping shingles shortens the life of a roof in addition to causing immediate damage.
- Decks and woodwork are easily marked and chiseled by pressure washers, so DIY pressure washing IS a good way to create a new deck building project for yourself.
Roof, gutters, wood, electrical equipment and lighting, air conditioning equipment, brick with older mortar, and much more — all are items that people damage or destroy while attempting to pressure wash their own homes.
Professional Pressure Washing Is the Way to Clean Your Home
Because of the perils of do-it-yourself pressure washing, it is a good idea to have your home professionally cleaned.
The exteriors of homes can get coated with:
Keeping the exterior of your home clean not only makes your home look sparkling, but also helps extend the life of roofs, gutters, windows, siding, and paint.
If you’re hoping to sell your Jacksonville Beach home, professional pressure washing is a must-do activity. Having a clean home outside and in boosts curb appeal and makes potential buyers more likely to stop and take a look around. If you’ve recently purchased a home, it’s a good time to start fresh and have the exterior pressure washed.
The skilled technicians at First Coast Home Pros don’t just pull up and pressure wash the exterior of your home. Our technicians deliver a full exterior cleaning service without any damage from too-high pressure or dangerous chemicals.
We use low pressure water with a safe cleaning solution to gently, but effectively, cleanse your home’s exterior. “No pressure” washing is code for dousing your home with huge quantities of heavy chemicals that can not only damage your home, but also the landscaping.
Additionally, we have years of experience in the Jacksonville Beach area and are fully insured. We also offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. While not a guarantee, we are quite certain you will not be satisfied doing an exterior pressure washing job on your own — it’s messy, it’s time-consuming, and it’s simply not safe for novices.
Schedule Your Professional Pressure Washing Service Today
Let First Coast Home Pros take the hassle, mess, danger, and potential for damage out of pressure washing the exterior of your home. Contact us at (904) 383-7721 or fill out the form for a free estimate or to schedule your pressure washing service. Ask about your current specials.