To maintain clean, healthy vents, you’ll have to have a professional service you can count on anytime you need them. You’ll need a well-trained team of employees to come by your house to perform a dryer vent inspection, ensuring they are free of flammable debris.
A thorough dryer cleaning from First Coast Home Pros experts will minimize fire dangers and bolster dryer efficiency. If you can’t remember the last time you had your dryer vents cleaned, it’s likely time for a visit from an Orange Park professional. Call or contact us online to receive a free estimate.
What’s Included in a Dryer Vent Cleaning?
Every dryer is equipped with a venting system made up of ducting to channel humid air away from your clothes to be released outside. This is often a flexible tube made of plastic, metal, vinyl, or foil. Our dryer vent cleaning technicians begin service calls by:
- Turning off the power to the dryer
- Pulling the dryer away from the wall
- Examining the duct, vent cap, and entry and exit points
Our technicians will then disconnect the vent from your dryer and use a high-powered, extended-reach vacuum to extract any clogs or compacted lint. They will also pass a long brush through the duct to remove all dust and debris.
Finally, your tech will finish the appointment by running diagnostic tests to verify adequate airflow and pressure using a thermal anemometer. If our team notices any worn, damaged, or ill-fitting parts, they will point them out to you and provide recommendations for repair or replacement.
Is Dryer Vent Cleaning Worth It?
A dryer’s ability to function depends on having a clear path to move moisture from your clothes inside your dryer to the air outside. Unfortunately, fibers can get from your clothes and into your vent no matter how religiously you clean your lint trap, and they’ll eventually clog the vent and reduce your dryer’s efficiency.
When you hire a professional like the First Coast Home Pros team, you know they will do the job right the first time. Then, all that will be left for you to do is sit back and enjoy the benefits of a clean dryer vent:
- Shorter wait for dry clothes: Your dryer works harder and longer to dry your clothes when the vent is clogged. After your vent cleaning, it will take fewer cycles to get your clothes dry, so you won’t have to spend as much time on laundry.
- Lower monthly utility bills: The harder your dryer works, the more energy it is using. Clear vents will result in less money spent on your gas or electric bill each month.
- No more overheating: When a vent is clogged, heat and moisture are trapped in the tumbler and ductwork. This creates extra heat that could damage your clothes, create a burning smell, and possibly start a fire. Having your vents cleaned will eliminate these risks.
- Fewer allergens in your laundry room: The moisture buildup in your vents can lead to mold and mildew growth. Clean vents, on the other hand, will funnel moisture and allergens like dust and pollen outside where they belong.
How Often Should a Dryer Vent Be Cleaned?
Dryer vent cleaning frequency will vary from household to household depending on dryer usage and lint screen maintenance. Because of this, it’s better not to rely on your calendar when determining whether it is time for a dryer cleaning.
Instead, please pay attention to changes in how your dryer functions because these could be red flags letting you know that it’s time to clean your dryer vent. We recommended a professional dryer vent cleaning approximately every year or two, but you may need it more often if:
- You notice an unexplained spike in your utility bills.
- Your clothes get hot but are not dry after you run them through a typical drying cycle.
- You often forget to clear out your lint trap between loads.
- You frequently dry items that produce a lot of lint, like blankets, towels, and new clothes.
- Your laundry room smells like something is burning whenever the dryer is running.
- You have a large family or use your dryer more than average.
Can You Clean a Dryer Vent Yourself?
While you may be tempted to clean your dryer vent, this is often a task better left to the professionals. Some venting ductwork is long, with tight corners and difficult to reach areas. If you can’t completely clear the clog, you may accidentally compress it into a smaller space and make the problem worse.
Additionally, it can be challenging to know how much pressure to use or how to angle your brush to best maneuver through the flexible ducts. An inexperienced homeowner can easily puncture a hole in the venting material or lose their brush altogether.
Avoid the hassle and uncertainty that comes with cleaning your dryer vent on your own. Let First Coast Home Pros save you time and give you the peace of mind that comes with knowing that your dryer and vents are fully functional and hazard-free.
Hire the Best Dryer Vent Cleaning Service in Orange Park
Residents of Clay County trust our expert team to help maintain their home appliances, and you should, too. First Coast Home Pros team is ready to detach, dislodge, and extract any hazardous debris stuck in your dryer vents.
Contact us to schedule a free estimate or learn more about our Orange Park dryer vent cleaning services. We endeavor to supply Orange Park residents with top-quality home improvement services at affordable prices. Call us to speak with one of our friendly service reps today!