Ensuring your gutter and downspouts are cleaned and maintained regularly is something many homeowners neglect. Yet, it can help you avoid the need for costly repairs and structural problems down the road. For example, clogged gutters can damage your deck or patio, cause fungi growth, and lead to erosion or flooding issues.
When you need your gutters cleaned, turn to Orange Park’s first choice for specialized home services. First Coast Home Pros has cleaned thousands of rain gutters over the years and uses the correct tools to get the job done right the first time. Call us today for fast, efficient gutter cleaning.
How Often Should I Get My Gutters Cleaned?
In spring and late fall, Orange Park weather brings plenty of dirt, leaves, and debris to our gutter systems. Having your gutters cleaned every six months ensures your gutters stay clear of material that can lead to clogs and overflow.
Though there are factors that may increase the number of times you call a gutter cleaning service per year. Those include:
- Stormy weather patterns: If your house or property has gone through frequent volatile weather lately, including rain or windstorms, you may have excess debris blocking your gutters.
- A temperature drop: As the thermostat drops overnight in the winter months, you may need to clear out ice buildup so your downspout can continue drawing water from your home.
- Proximity to foliage: If your house is next to vegetation and trees, you may need to increase your gutter cleaning to three or four times per year. You may need to clean your gutters every three months instead of twice a year in these circumstances.
If you wonder whether your gutters need cleaning, call the professionals at First Coast Home Pros for a free estimate.
What Could Happen If You Don’t Clean Your Gutters?
Your downspouts and gutters were installed to divert water away from your house. This is a crucial job because even small amounts of water can add up to a lot of damage.
Depending on the foliage near your home, if you don’t have your gutters cleaned regularly, you may encounter:
- Insect infestations: Mosquitoes, hornets, and bees are drawn to the pooling water, damp leaves, and mud in your gutters, making it the perfect breeding ground for them.
- Broken gutters: Each gallon of water weighs about eight pounds. As your clogged gutters fill to the edges, this extra weight can cause strain and tear them away from your fascia.
- Moisture damage on ceilings and walls: When your gutters clog, water can rot your fascia boards, causing leaks and letting moisture inside your house.
- Damp basement: If you have a basement that isn’t waterproofed, water can leach through its porous floors and walls.
- Mold and mildew: Mold, mildew, and other fungi can form when debris fills your gutters. Mold can damage the structural integrity of your home and trigger asthma, allergies, and other respiratory conditions.
- Foundation issues: According to the U.S. Geological Survey’s (USGS) rainfall calculator, a storm that releases an inch of rain can translate to about 1,200 gallons of water hitting the roof of a 2,000-square-foot home. When your gutter is clogged, that water overflows and eventually pools around your foundation, causing erosion, cracks, and settling.
Clogged gutter issues can cost a lot but can be easy to prevent. So keep your ladder in the garage and call the gutter cleaning experts at First Coast Home Pros.
Set Up a Gutter Service Plan with Orange Park’s Best Cleaning Service
If you’re not sure about your gutters’ condition or are tired of worrying about them, First Coast Home Pros can help. We offer a cleaning schedule that works with your busy life, and best of all, you never have to remember to schedule our services.
Our services include a free consultation to help you decide whether you need straightforward routine maintenance or a gutter protection system. Plus:
- Debris removal to prevent mildew growth and add years to your roof’s life
- Low-pressure roof cleaning services to destroy algae streaks and other fungi from your roof
- Exterior gutter cleaning with our low-pressure washing service
- A 100% one-week guarantee, if you’re not satisfied, we’ll come back to your house to make it right
We also offer Leaf Relief® gutter protection installation services, a product backed by a Never Clogs, Never Overflows warranty protection for 10 years. In addition, leaf Relief® fits all roof slopes, has 100% debris efficiency, and can handle nearly 30 inches of rainfall per hour.
If You Have Questions About Your Gutters, Call Your Local Pros
If your gutters aren’t performing as they should, you notice excess water in the basement after a rainstorm, or you see erosion around your foundation, consult with an experienced gutter cleaning service. Schedule a gutter cleaning service two times a year, preferably spring and fall.
Acting today can protect the long-term value of your property and prevent expensive repairs tomorrow. The First Coast Home Pros team will clean out your gutters, prevent water damage, and install gutter protection for your home. So, contact us today, and we’ll get started right away.