If your roof is covered with fungus, dirt, or mold, it will impact the curb appeal of your home. According to Forbes, the primary deal breaker for home buyers is a roof in poor condition. This could be signs of structural issues beneath the surface.
A clean roof in good condition can add to your home’s value, extend its life, and reduce maintenance costs. At First Coast Home Pros, we use a safe, low-pressure spray that cleans your Orange Park roof without damaging it or the surrounding area. Schedule an appointment today for a free consultation and estimate.
Why Should I Clean My Roof?
When a roof is dirtied with moss or debris, it makes your whole house look run down and neglected. Decaying organic matter can also speed up the shingle decomposition process, causing leaks and shortening the lifespan of your roof.
A low-pressure roof cleaning will wash away debris and eradicate the mold and moss growing on your house. In addition, this process provides Orange Park homeowners with benefits like:
- Protect your property from leaks: If water infiltrates your home, it can cause severe damage to both its structure and contents.
- Save money with less frequent repairs: Decomposing leaky shingles will require more frequent patching and repairing than a well-maintained roof.
- Replace your roof less often: A roof replacement is one of the more expensive home improvement projects homeowners face. Low-pressure roof cleaning extends the life of your roof by removing unwanted materials without damaging the shingles or other building materials.
- Aesthetic improvement: Roof cleaning provides an immediate improvement in the appearance of your home.
- Preserve your home’s value: By boosting your curb appeal and maintaining your roof’s functionality, regular roof cleaning is a great way to build the value of your property.
How Often Should I Clean My Roof?
Finding the right frequency balance is vital when it comes to cleaning your roof. Even low- or no-pressure methods could eventually wear away your shingles if employed too often. However, mold and algae growth could get a foothold if you wait too long between cleanings.
A good rule of thumb is to have your roof professionally cleaned every year or two, but this will depend on several factors:
- Do you have large trees in your yard? If so, you may need more frequent cleanings to eliminate the leaves and branches that could accumulate.
- How much shade is on your roof? A home with more exposure to direct sunlight will not have as much of an issue with organic growth like moss or algae on the roof.
- How much does moisture affect your roof? Florida’s high humidity and frequent rains also encourage growth, so our roofs may need more cleaning than in arid climates. This is especially true for flat or low-sloped roofs since water can’t run off as effectively.
- Do you see visible growth on the roof? Don’t depend entirely on the calendar to tell you when it is time to clean your roof. If you see green or black stains on your shingles, schedule your next roof cleaning right away.
Is Low Pressure Cleaning Safe for My Roof?
Moss and algae growth on your roof is an unsightly nuisance, at a minimum; however, if left unchecked, it can lead to shingle blow-off and other roof damage. Unfortunately, Florida’s humid or coastal climates create conducive conditions for algae development.
At First Coast Home Pros, we use biodegradable cleaning products recommended by the Asphalt Roofing Manufacturers Association (ARMA) to eliminate:
- Fungus growth.
- Black streaks left by algae.
- Roof moss.
- Any other harmful particles that may erode your roofing tiles.
Our approach to low-pressure roof cleaning combines favorable elements of chemical and high-pressure washes that are entirely safe for your roof. Our technicians utilize a battery-operated sprayer to apply the cleaning solution and then rinse it off using a low-pressure hose with a relatively low PSI (pounds per square inch) tip.
The result is a beautifully cleaned, damage-free roof that will last longer than other wash types in most circumstances.
What Roof Types Do You Clean?
The methods we use are not only safe; they are also effective in removing debris, mold, and algae from any roof. That means First Coast Home Pros can clean your roof no matter what it is made from.
Our low-pressure techniques and biodegradable cleansers work to cleanse and restore roofs composed of:
- Fiberglass shingles
- Asphalt shingles
- Ceramic tile
- Clay tile
However, this list is not all-inclusive, so do not hesitate to reach out to us if your roof is made from something other than the materials listed above.
Why Should I Choose Your Company to Clean My Roof?
Our dozens of five-star reviews show that we can clean your Orange Park home from top to bottom and clean it well. Our low-pressure processes and earth-friendly chemicals ensure that your roof and surrounding area get the care and attention they need.
Your home’s structural stability inevitably counts on a clean, healthy roof, and we take that seriously. That’s why our teams work hard to show up on time, stick to the estimate we quote you, and provide a roof cleaning service you can trust.
Get a Free Low-Pressure Roof Cleaning Estimate Now
When you need to find an Orange Park roof cleaning service you can trust, turn to the experts at First Coast Home Pros, we offer safe, effective, and affordable low-pressure cleaning methods that protect your roof while restoring its aesthetic beauty and protecting its structural integrity.
Contact us today to learn more about the advantages of low-pressure roof cleaning and to set up your free consultation.