You’ve worked hard to purchase your home in St. Augustine. You’ve made it your own, you enjoy the lifestyle the area provides — outdoor adventures, family fun. When it comes to home improvement projects, your to-do list gets longer every day. But your time, know-how, and budget are fixed resources.
Help is just a text or call away. No job is too small or too big for the skilled technicians at First Coast Home Pros. Simply text (904) 712-2674 or call (904) 383-7721 and watch your “must do” list shrink, at a price you can afford.
Common Home Improvement Projects
If you’re not sure what a St. Augustine handyman service can do for you, here are some of the projects First Coast Home Pros commonly completes:
- Wood, shutter, molding, and wainscoting installation and repair
- Kitchen and bathroom caulking, waterproofing, and fixing leaks
- Drywall repair
- Sealing and weather stripping
- Installing doors, doorknobs, and locks
- Fence repair
- Wood flooring installation and repair
- Kitchen and bathroom tile installation and repair
- Safety, mobility, aging in place, grab bar installation, and handrail installation
- Custom shelving and furniture assembly
- Garage organization and storage
When You May Be Able to DIY
There are many factors that can go into making the choice to do a home improvement project on your own or to hire a handyman service. Here are some factors to consider if you’re thinking about handling a project by yourself:
- If you have a great deal of experience with the specific home improvement project you’re considering taking on
- If you have the correct tools for the job or are prepared to purchase the necessary tools and materials
- You are extremely organized and know exactly what items you need and the time needed to complete the job
- You have the time and the space necessary to complete the job
- Your spouse and family are completely on board with the project and are prepared to help or stay out of the way, as requested
- You are motivated to complete the project and have a realistic timeline of how long it will actually take you to get the job done
When to Hire It Out
Think about your skills and the time you have available to work around the house. Then compare it to the tasks on your to-do list. Realistically assess if you’ll be able to give those tasks the proper time, focus, skill, and budget they truly need to enhance the value and livability of your home. If you’re not sure, here’s a guide to help you decide.
You Don’t Have Experience or the Right Experience
Perhaps you have always wanted to complete the look of your kitchen with a custom tile backsplash. Or you are hoping to prepare to keep yourself safe at home as you get older. While you may have seen an episode of a home improvement TV show, watched an online tutorial, or read about it in a magazine, that does not truly prepare you for the reality of what those projects entail.
You want your projects done right the first time. You want them to add value to your home. You don’t want the look to be thrown together or amateur. And, in the case of safety-related projects, getting them done correctly can literally prevent falls, injury, or even death.
You Don’t Have the Right Tools or Materials
Home improvement DIY jobs often go like this:
- Read a little about the project
- Grab some of the materials you believe you need
- Start the project and realize you need specialized tools and additional materials
- Go back to the home improvement store
- Repeat until you and the staff at the store are on a first-name-basis because you’ve been there so many times for one project.
A skilled handyman has the know-how, the right tools, and the materials needed to complete your job. A handyman can tell you what tools and materials are needed for the job without adding to the budget for endless trips to the home improvement store.
You Don’t Have the Time
Between work, family time, hobbies, community involvement, and fun, it’s difficult to make time for necessary home improvement projects. Often, you may schedule the time to start the project, but it goes unfinished because you ran into a problem or didn’t realize how long it would actually take.
When a professional handyman service is at your home, their entire focus is on completing your projects and tasks. They can get the job done efficiently and proficiently.
You Can’t Make Space for a Prolonged Project
Home improvement projects are time-consuming and messy. They can also be dangerous. If you do not complete your task in the amount of time you have free, you may have to live without essential spaces in your home like the bathroom or kitchen.
Unfinished projects can involve objects and tools that are unsafe for children. Dust, debris, piles of materials, and more can clutter an area and make it unusable. This often creates tension in families as they just want their home spaces back, while you need the extra time (sometimes a lot of extra time) to get the job done.
Hiring a handyman service ensures you can get back to living your life quickly, while the job is completed correctly and on an efficient timeline.
Schedule Your Free Estimate or Handyman Service Today
Our work is precise and we never leave a mess. We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on craftsmanship and materials. Be sure to check our website for current specials and coupons.