Air duct cleaning plays an important part in keeping the air quality in your household as clean and particle free as possible. Compromised air quality can leave your home in Jacksonville with pollen, dust, or other types of materials that can cause breathing or health issues. Mold in the duct work of your ventilation system is a particular problem when you are in an area like ours where there is a fair amount of moisture in the air. The spores, from mold in your duct work, can increase health issues stemming from poor air quality like allergies, asthma, and other illnesses.
When You Need an Air Duct Cleaning Service
It is suggested that you have your duct system cleaned every 3 to 5 years, or as needed. There are a few things you can look for as you monitor your duct system to see if it needs to be cleaned more frequently. Some of them are:
- Visible mold or a musty smell in your heating, air conditioning, and ventilation (HVAC) system
- Ducts that have become infested with insects or rodents
- Ducts that seem clogged with dusts or debris that keeps air from flowing freely through your duct system
- Unexplained allergy or health conditions in your family that may come from poor air quality in your home
If you find mold visible in your air duct system, cleaning the duct system is a must. You should be advised by those cleaning your duct system, as to where the mold is growing and the extent of mold growth. After a thorough cleaning, your duct cleaning service company can give you advice as to how frequently the air ducts in your home should be cleaned. Your system may also need to be treated, in order to discourage further mold growth. Changing your air filters routinely will help control dust problems in your system. Other factors concerning the frequency of using an air duct cleaning service may include:
- The number of pets you have
- Your personal preference
- Air quality concerns coming from activities, like smoking, in your home
- Dirty air vent registers that cause the contaminates to be circulated throughout the rooms in your home
Choosing an Air Duct Cleaning Service
- Make sure the air duct cleaning service you choose has the required Florida state licenses
- Check with the local Better Business Bureau for information relating to the company
- Check customer references
- Ask for an estimate for your air duct cleaning service and approximate time the service with take
- Make sure they discuss with you the make-up of any treatments they might use
- Don’t listen to claims that their company meets the EPA established duct cleaning standards. The EPA has not yet provided any requirements in the cleaning of duct work.
Air ducts in the Jacksonville area are most commonly made-up of a soft and flexible material. A rotary brush system, which includes a vacuum, has been used successfully in homes in your area. The combination of a Rotobrush aiR+ duct cleaning system and a quality professional, to do the work, has proven to maintain the integrity of your air duct system’s make-up. The brush loosens materials stuck to the walls of your duct system and the vacuum gets rid of unwanted debris.
We Put Air Quality First
Air quality both in and outside our homes has become a concern for all of us. The professionals at First Coast Home Pros provide an Air Duct Cleaning Service in Jacksonville that will renew the air quality in your home. They will provide you with a free estimate that will include:
- Your supply ducts cleaned with the Rotobrush aiR+ system
- Return ducts cleaned
- The main trunk cleaned
- All of the vent covers washed
- The air handler cleaned topically
- An inspection of the system, with special attention to any leaks
- Minor leaks will be sealed.